Kyle Nakatsuji is the founder and CEO of Clearcover, a car insurance company offering better coverage for less money. After starting the company in 2016, Kyle has scaled it to a live business in four U.S. states, with a goal of branching out to 20 states by the end of the year. Today he joins the show to discuss the story behind Clearcover and how he has grown the business so quickly.
Listen in as Kyle explains how he keeps the cost of the car insurance low, as well as why he is always striving to help as many people as he can. You will learn Kyle’s definition of success, his best financial decision to date, and why money is not what he values most.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Kyle defines success.
- Why money is not what he values most.
- How money can create more stress.
- The background story of Clearcover.
- How they use distribution and technology to lower their cost structure.
- Why Kyle is always looking for ways to help people.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Success is having the freedom to, and being comfortable in doing things that you’re passionate about, that give you energy, and that make the people around you better off." -Kyle Nakatsuji
“Building something that is enduring and important to people is my long-term vision for the company." - Kyle Nakatsuji
“I think sometimes we compromise when we are gaining economic freedom by focusing our energy on things that are going to buy us that freedom later." - Kyle Nakatsuji
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Kyle Nakatsuji: Website | LinkedIn
- High Income Improves Evaluation of Life but Not Emotional Well-Being